Act Six Spokane
Calling Diverse Emerging Leaders Who Love Their City
Spokane's only full-tuition, full-need scholarship. Act Six brings together diverse, multicultural cadres of young people who want to use their college education to make a difference on campus and in their communities.
This year, Act Six will award 8 of Spokane’s most promising community leaders full scholarships worth up to $245,000 to two partner colleges
Discover How the Program Works
Act Six is a proven model for college success and community leadership. Learn more about the four-step process we use to find and equip diverse, transformative community leaders.Learn More
Start Your Application
Check your eligibility, see requirements and timeline, and start your app today. Once you get started, we'll send tips and reminders to help you finish by the December 1 deadline.Start Your App
Connect a Student to a Life-Changing Opportunity
Know a student or group of students who are hungry to lead and could benefit from a full scholarship? Schedule a presentation or nominate a student.Recuit Students
Who We're Looking For
Every year Act Six recruits diverse, multicultural cadres of Spokane’s most promising emerging community leaders. We look for young people who want to use their college education to make a difference on campus and in their communities at home.
Act Six scholars must be:
- committed to anti-racism and compelled to work for justice and equity,
- passionate about learning,
- eager to foster intercultural relationships,
- willing to step out of their comfort zones,
- committed to serving those around them, and
- ready to make a difference on campus and at home.
The selection process also places high value on applicants’ teamwork, critical thinking, communication skills and academic potential.
The Act Six Community Selection Committees represent diverse and talented teams of community leaders who work with young people from across our region and from a wide range of backgrounds as well as those working to increase college access in our state. The committees represent the kind of diverse cadre of talented leaders that they are working to select. Members of the selection committee are listed below.
- Adrian Reyes, Student Success Advisor, Eastern Washington University
- Alexis Nicholson, Act Six Program Supervisor, YMCA of the Inland Northwest
- Cat Truong, Electrical Engineer, Bonneville Power Administration
- Holly Montgomery, Vice President, US Bank Wealth Management
- Jacob Dansereau, Partner Programs Manager, Egnyte, INC
- Jerrall Haynes, School Board President, Spokane Public Schools
- Todd Ellingburg, Immersion School Administrator, Kalispel Tribe of Indians