Act Six Portland-Salem
Calling Diverse Emerging Leaders Who Love Their Community
Portland-Salem's only full-tuition, full-need scholarship. Act Six brings together diverse, multicultural cadres of young people who want to use their college education to make a difference on campus and in their communities.
This year, Act Six will award 7 of Portland-Salem's most promising community leaders full scholarships worth up to $200,000 to George Fox University.
Corban and Warner Pacific are not selecting new scholars in 2022-23
Discover How the Program Works
Act Six is a proven model for college success and community leadership. Learn more about the four-step process we use to find and equip diverse, transformative community leaders.Learn More
THE APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED
The Application for Fall 2022 is now closed.
Connect a Student to a Life-Changing Opportunity
Know a student or group of students who are hungry to lead and could benefit from a full scholarship? Schedule a presentation or nominate a student.Recruit Students
Who We're Looking For
Every year Act Six recruits diverse, multicultural cadres of Portland’s most promising emerging community leaders. We look for young people who want to use their college education to make a difference on campus and in their communities at home.
Act Six scholars must be:
- committed to anti-racism and compelled to work for justice and equity,
- passionate about learning,
- eager to foster intercultural relationships,
- willing to step out of their comfort zones,
- committed to serving those around them, and
- ready to make a difference on campus and at home
The selection process also places high value on applicants’ teamwork, critical thinking, communication skills and academic potential.
Meet the Portland-Salem Selection Committees
The Act Six Community Selection Committees represent diverse and talented teams of community leaders who work with young people from across our region and from a wide range of backgrounds as well as those working to increase college access in our state. The committees represent the kind of diverse cadre of talented leaders that they are working to select. Members of the selection committee are listed below.
- Adam Ristick, Act Six Director, Portland Leadership Foundation
- Allie Ryan, Research Analyst, Oregon Public Health Division
- Daisy Ulloa, Extended Day Coordinator, Latino Network
- David Cleary, CFO, Direct Marketing Solutions
- Fatima Chacon, Spanish Teacher, French Prairie Middle School
- Grace Kim, Meeting Planner, Henry V Marketing
- Hannah Belleque, Events & Facilities Coordinator, Corban University
- Jesse Cetz, Digital Marketing Coordinator, Adpearance
- Julio Bautista, History Teacher, Tualatin High School
- Kelsea Banks, Director of Undergrad Admissions, Corban University
- Khadija Bruce, 5th Grade Teacher, Sabin Elementary
- Kimberly Love, Retention & Student Success Manager, Warner Pacific University
- Molly Smith, VP of Enrollment/Marketing, Warner Pacific University
- Nathan Geer, Dean of Student, Corban University
- Ryan Dougherty, VP of Enrollment/Marketing, George Fox University
- Yessica Manuel, Social Worker, Aloha High School