Act Six Chicago
Calling Diverse Emerging Leaders Who Love Their City
Chicago's full-tuition, full-need scholarship, Act Six brings together diverse, multicultural cadres of young people who want to use their college education to make a difference on campus and in their communities.
This year, Act Six will award 7 of Chicago’s most promising urban leaders full scholarships worth up to $195,000 to Taylor University
Discover How the Program Works
Act Six is a proven model for college success and community leadership. Learn more about the four-step process we use to find and equip diverse, transformative community leaders.Learn More
Start Your Application
Check your eligibility, see requirements and timeline, and start your app today. Once you get started, we'll send tips and reminders to help you finish by the November 30 deadline.Start Your App
Connect a Student to a Life-Changing Opportunity
Know a student or group of students who are hungry to lead and could benefit from a full scholarship? Schedule a presentation or nominate a student.Connect a Student
Who We're Looking For
Every year Act Six recruits diverse, multicultural cadres of Chicago’s most promising emerging urban and community leaders. We look for young people who want to use their college education to make a difference on campus and in their communities at home.
Act Six scholars must be:
- committed to anti-racism and compelled to work for justice and equity,
- passionate about learning,
- eager to foster intercultural relationships,
- willing to step out of their comfort zones,
- committed to serving those around them, and
- ready to make a difference on campus and at home
The selection process also places high value on applicants’ teamwork, critical thinking, communication skills and academic potential.
The Act Six Community Selection Committees represent diverse and talented teams of community leaders who work with young people from across our region and from a wide range of backgrounds as well as those working to increase college access in our state. The committees represent the kind of diverse cadre of talented leaders that they are working to select. Members of the selection committee are listed below.
- Christian Walker, ESL/Test Prep Instructor/Actor, GT Education
- Danjuma Quarless, Senior Scientist, Abbvie (Act Six Graduate)
- Grace Dadebo, Trainer, Ernst & Young Events
- Kira Travis, Music Therapist, Norwegian American Hospital
- Meagan Familara, Barista, Starbucks
- Patrick Schism, Marketing Manager, Rocket Mortgage
- Robert Rivera, PCM Coordinator, Moody Bible Institute
- Sheila Finley, Retired Teacher, Chicago Public Schools
- Solomon Dixon, Act Six Coordinator, Pursue Scholars
- Zack Strother, Police Officer, CPD